I just can not comprehend the feeling of losing a close friend forever in a tragic way such as death, in which I will never be able to communicate with them again, even if I desired to. The swimmers on the Frost Swim Team all try to come to face the reality that they may have to say goodbye to their best friend and teammate, Jeff. They push on and swim to the point where they have nothing else to give. They desire to give something to Jeff before he passes. When I contemplate on this subject matter, I can not seem to contemplate ideas of how I would honor my friends if I knew one of them was terminally ill. Pondering and deep thought cause me to reflect into my ideals and the value that my friends possess. This idea that they're here one minute and could be gone the next rips deep into the tissue of my folderolic (if that is even a word) self.
Anyway, they all swim well, to say the least. They all place in the top 10 in each of their categories in the State and Nortie and Walker both are either number 1 or 2 in their races. They all desire to give this State run as a gift to their Stotanic brother, and pull out with style, winning multiple races. When they get to the relay, which requires four teammates, the Stotans decide they want to still race to honor Jeff. This thought is cut short by the officials, but that of course does not stop the Stotans from honoring their friend. They disguise themselves as another team and just jump into the race at the last second.
Oh, I forgot to mention Marty O'Brian. Well, he crossed the line for the last time, insulting Nortie and his girlfriend, and then beating Nortie up. Lion is sick of Marty's taunts and evil ways, and the boys put his 'Stang into a ravine, watching the terror on his face as he comes out of baseball practice. I hope that after reading this book people do not think all baseball players are racist, caniving little turds because frankly, that would be unfair. Anyway Max, the swimming coach becomes involved and threatens Marty if he ever tries anything again to Nortie or any of the other swimmers.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.